Pages

Tuesday 5 August 2014

Free Ways to Advertise Art

I found advertising art can be challenging in todays society, especially with thousands upon millions of people who are trying to do the same thing! 

Thinking big? Try something out of the box!
For this reason, I have come up with my 2 top ways to advertise art today;

As an aspiring artist myself, I am always looking to get the best advertising of my art to get it selling and to create a decent income from it. People have always heard of my art through word of mouth. This, if you did Business Communication Studies, can be counted as one of the most effective types of advertising that has ever been created. Bonus: word of mouth advertising is free! However, you do have to be confident at showing your art. For example, if someone sees you draw, ask them if they want to see any other pieces of art of yours and drop in a hint that you sell art work and then see if they're interested! If you do commissions, say that too as many people want unique drawings. Let friends and family know that you sell art and do commissions because you never know who they talk to who could help your art career go boom!

Social media will always be a favourite for everyone. If you're not on some sort of social media such as; Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, Google+, then I suggest that you get an account and fast. I have had a couple of commissions just from showing work in progress shots on my Instagram account (@lottiemoox). Hundreds of artists display their artwork online (but be careful of copying (see Warning for more details!)) and also sell it so go get wifi and get advertising!

No comments:

Post a Comment