Pages

Tuesday 8 April 2014

Why would anyone become an Artist?

I have been asked many times why I do art and so I have decided to share it with the world...

I have been doing art for as long as I can remember- my mum tells me that she put a pencil in my hand and a piece of paper in front of me even before I could properly walk (I was walking decently after many other kids).

I cannot remember many years of my quite short life (I'm coming up to 16 and I don't think I want to remember most of it), but now I am doing my GCSEs and art has been my centre of attention. Especially as my exam is coming up on the 24th of April!

Anyway, back to why I do art.
I do art because I love drawing and it makes me calm, relaxed and happy. When other people see my art they usually love it (which sometimes I cannot understand), and so this makes me even happier because I love to get people smiling and joyful. People share their happiness and so when my artwork makes them smile and at least act happy, that happiness spreads and it warms up my heart.

Why would anyone become an Artist? Well, because they love doing art! "An understanding of drawing can be seen at the core of..." [Rob Pointon] most art masterpieces. Inspiration to do art is also highly recommended and valued (especially at GCSE level!). Finding a good inspiration is acceptable, however finding a great inspiration is vital to carry on pursuing a successful art career, even if you are just doing it at GCSE or A level.

Some of my inspirations:
Rob Pointon
Ricardo Garduno
Vincent Van Gogh
and of course good old Google

What's your story with art?

No comments:

Post a Comment